Did you know that if Chicago was a war zone, it would be a deadlier one for Americans than Afghanistan. As a Chicagoland resident training to be an Emergency Physician, I am quite perplexed with the current homicide rate in Chicago. Current data, puts Chicago’s homicide rate higher than that of a war zone. In fact, according to the latest data, the number of Chicagoans murdered is two and a half times more than U.S. soldiers killed in Afghanistan since 2001.
Now with the NATO summit over, the city’s crime is back on the front burner. This past weekend was one of our bloodiest, with 8 killed and over 46 wounded by gun violence. The city tells us the crime rate is down, but what about the homicide rate? It’s sky rocketing! I myself witnessed a despicable mob crime this weekend while at Navy Pier, and was just completely shocked, as were many around us.
What are we doing to stop this?blog comments powered by Disqus
- thisamericanstory likes this
- alynette reblogged this from ziyadmd
- el-tianguis likes this
- scottewy likes this
- morbidyetdelightful likes this
- juliambrose reblogged this from ziyadmd and added:
- endlessstories likes this
- jojorisas reblogged this from ziyadmd
- mbalance said: Better education from K-12 at the very least! When we value all life, human and non-human, will killing be reduced. When obtaining material things isn’t the goal in life.
- poutypissedoffprincess likes this
- thescienceofreality likes this
- mansreflection likes this
- ninjatengu likes this
- sebastian-samuel likes this
- whiteholedust likes this
- thecosmicbean likes this
- mhord answered: Only 8 murdered? Try to live in a city with an average of 45 murders only weekends :P
- shefallsup likes this
- ziyadmd posted this